The department is involved in the following community activities:
- Center for Industrial and Interdisciplinary Mathematics
- STEM Education Center: The Mission of the STEM Education Center is to prepare gifted pre-college students to effectively use science, technology, engineering, and mathematics to analyze and resolve current problems through an active and engaging teaching approach, promote careers in these disciplines, and give high school students a glimpse of the college experience
- Mathematics Umbrella Group (MUG): Seeks to involve USF students with mathematical projects of interest to the Tampa Bay business community
- Nagle Lectures: Annual lectures by world-renowned scholars on mathematics of interest to the general public
- Suncoast Region: A consortium of colleges that strives to guide mathematics education in west central Florida
- Urban Scholars: Provides educational assistance and guidance to urban students in the Tampa Bay area
The sister program to Urban Scholars is the Dr. A. N. V. Rao Gurukulam Program.