Denise L. Marks
Office: CMC 339
Administrative & Clerical
- Preparation of exams and technical papers
- Updating course syllabi
- Grammatical review/editing of publications and citations
- Conversions of technical data from \(\LaTeX\) (mathematical software) to User friendly software (Word, Adobe, etc.)
- Updating departmental spreadsheets for travel, and historical data
- Assists with document control and filing/record retention (both electronic and storage of original paper copies)
- Creation of departmental forms as necessary
- Coordinates mass mailings, campus mail distribution, and assembles documents for meetings, workshops, and conferences.
- Data entry, correspondence, forms and reports
- Serves as building supervisor in regards to key and card access
- Room reservations for meetings/events
- Initiates and monitors physical plant work orders
- Coordinates basic office moves, sets up office equipment repairs, and arranges for general office or building repairs.
- Maintains department equipment (copiers, computers, printers)
- IT Support (initiates e-mail distribution lists, FOREST accounts, O- and P-drive and Website management, telephone and printer access)
- Inventory management of materials, supplies and equipment.
- Serves as Central Space Liaison
- Yearly IFIS Space Survey
- Maintain Department Property Files
- Maintain Department Telephone & contact information
- Assists with faculty tenure, promotions and evaluations
- Fulfills faculty copy requests, answers phone calls, assist with reception responsibilities
- Coordinates departmental events and colloquia
- Faculty Meeting Minutes (composes, types and distributes meeting notes)
- Textbook adoptions and desk copy ordering
- Supports search and recruitment efforts by web content for Faculty recruiting via USF Careers and Mathematical affiliated databases (AMS, SIAM, etc), preparing interview schedules and scheduling candidates’ visits.
- OPT/J-1/H1-B Visa application and renewals for students, visitors, and adjunct faculty.
- Communicates with International Services and the College of Arts & Sciences to adhere to university policies and procedures in conjunction to requirements specified by the department of Homeland Security.